Family violence assistance

If you or someone you know is in immediate danger, please call 000.

What to expect when you contact us about family violence:

  • You only need to tell your story once: we'll keep a note on file about your situation, so if you need to contact us again you won't be asked to repeat yourself.
  • You don't have to speak to us about all of this yourself. If you'd prefer, you can nominate someone else as an authorised person to speak to us on your behalf. To set this up, phone one of our customer care specialists or email us with the name of your nominated authorised person, and be sure to include your name and account number.
  • We will not ask you for proof: you don't need to provide any documentation, just tell us what's going on and we'll do everything we can to help.
  • We'll discuss the financial assistance available to you and will give you some payment solutions to keep the power on.
  • You don't need to worry about the security of your account or your information. If you're the authorised account holder, we can change the account contact details, remove joint account holders, and we can securely send you information without sending it to your home address.

Other Family Violence Support Services

Police If you or your child/ family is in immediate danger Call 000
Services Australia Centrelink, Medicare, Child Care Social workers can provide short term counselling, support and information, and refer you to other support services Social Work Services: 13 28 50 Multilingual: call 13 12 02 or visit Services Australia
Lifeline Crisis support services Call 13 11 14 Open 24/7
Money Minded Created to help you build your skills, knowledge and confidence in managing your money. Money Minded
Financial Counsellor Free help in managing bills and debts, or financial independence Call 1800 007 007 or visit National Debt Hotline
National Association of Community Legal Centres A directory of community law centres in Australia NACLC online
Women’s legal services Australia Legal centres specialising in women’s legal services Women's Legal Services
Family Relationship Advice Line Information and advice on family relationship issues and parenting arrangements after separation Call 1800 050 321 Mon–Fri 8 am– 8 pm Sat 10 am–4 pm