CovaU’s Standard Offers
Pricing & Rate Changes
Carbon Tax Update
Smart Meter Installation
What To Do If You Have a Problem
Power of Choice Reforms
Billing and Payments
Understanding Energy Jargon
Contact From Us
Guaranteed service level rebates for customers in the ACT
On 1 July 2020, changes to the Consumer Protection Code came into law to make sure that energy retailers operating in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) meet guaranteed service levels. These changes were made by The Independent
If we don't meet guaranteed service levels outlined in the list below, customers in the Australian Capitol Territory (ACT) are entitled to a rebate.
Service level guarantees
Electricity and gas connection guarantees
If we don't meet the following guaranteed service levels for electricity and gas connection timeframes, CovaU will pay a rebate of $60 per day for every day beyond the guaranteed timeframe (maximum $300).*
- If you request an electricity or gas connection before 2pm on a business day, you can expect to be connected on the same day.
- If you request an electricity or gas connection after 2pm on a business day, you can expect to be connected by the end of the next business day.
- If you request an electricity or gas connection on a non-business day (a weekend or public holiday), you can expect to be connected by the end of the next business day.
- If you request an electricity or gas connection for a specific date, you can expect to be connected by the date agreed between you and CovaU.
*When you contact us regarding a failure to meet the guaranteed service level for connection timeframes, we will investigate to confirm that we are responsible for the connection delay. If the connection delay is due to a CovaU error, we will pay the relevant rebate to your CovaU energy account.
- CovaU will pay a $100 wrongful disconnection rebate if we disconnect your account in error.
Customer complaint timeframes
We'll provide a rebate of $20 per complaint if we fail to respond to your complaints in a timely manner. We commit to:
- Acknowledge the complaint immediately or as soon as practicable;
- Reply with a direct response to your complaint within 20 business days.
Notice period for planned interruptions
CovaU will give you at least 4 business days' notice for any planned disconnection of your gas or electricity supply for updates to or installation of a meter or solar panels. We will pay you a $50 rebate if we haven't met the guaranteed notice period for planned interruptions to your supply.
CovaU notice for planned interruptions covers interruptions within our control, and are separate to any interruptions to your supply as a result of the electricity or gas distributor in your area.
How do I get a rebate?
We regularly monitor CovaU service levels. When we identify failures to meet our service level guarantees, we apply applicable rebates to customer accounts, alongside details of the type of rebate paid. If your account is in credit, you can contact us to request a refund instead.
If you think we haven't met our guaranteed service levels, please get in touch.